Terms and Conditions
Georgia Envelope & Converting is committed to servicing your flat-sheet converting needs, and we are proud to offer fine quality envelopes at competitive prices. Our terms and conditions are as follows:
- SPECIAL QUOTATIONS: Georgia Envelope & Converting guarantees the quoted price for 30 days, unless otherwise stipulated when quoted.
- PRODUCT GUARANTEE: We stand behind the product that we sell to you – for 6 months from point of shipment.
- DRAWING AND PLATES: All sketch drawings, engravings, original dies and parts not separately charged for are property of Georgia Envelope & Converting.
- CUTTING DIES: All cutting dies are the property of Georgia Envelope & Converting, unless directly ordered and paid for by customer (buyer).
- FOLLOWING COPY: If copy must be followed exactly for style, type and arrangements, the customer (buyer) must furnish cut, plate or negatives, otherwise Georgia Envelope & Converting will match copy as closely as possible with the facilities available in our plant.
- PROOF ERRORS: When proofs have been approved by the customer (buyer), Georgia Envelope & Converting shall not be responsible for any errors or mistakes the customer fails to correct.
- VARIATION OF PAPER: Georgia Envelope & Converting shall not be responsible for unavoidable variations in shade, finish, strength, or weight resulting from paper mill manufacturing errors.
- DISCOLORATION DUE TO GUM: Georgia Envelope & Converting assumes no liability for discoloration due to the applications of adhesives on paper supplied or specified by the customer (buyer).
- OVERRUNS AND UNDERRUNS ON ORDER: On all manufacturing orders, a variation in quantity either way not to exceed 30% on orders from 1m to 10m, 20% on orders from 10m to 25m, and 10% on orders from 25m and over shall be accepted as fulfillment of the order, and shall be paid for proportionately. If orders are limited to “not less than” or “not more than”, the above variations in the other direction are doubled.
- SHIPMENT OF GOODS: Shipment of goods will be “by best means possible” unless specified by the customer (buyer). Georgia Envelope & Converting assumes no responsibility for damage of goods while in transit.
- NO WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR ANY SPECIAL USE: In the sale of envelopes by Georgia Envelope & Converting shall not exceed the purchase price thereof.
- THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS SHALL APPLY TO ORDERS ACCEPTED FOR MAKING ENVELOPES FROM PAPER FURNISHED BY THE CUSTOMER (BUYER), WHETHER SUCH PAPER IS LITHOGRAPHED, PRINTED OR UNPRINTED.
- Georgia Envelope & Converting shall assume no responsibility for proper cutting of envelopes from sheets printed or lithographed according to any layout or press-proof not approved by us.
- Georgia Envelope & Converting shall assume no responsibility for paper supplied or specified by the customer (buyer) which is not considered envelope grade for either folding or adhesive applications.
- Such paper shall be well jogged and packed by the customer (buyer) and shall be free from damaged edges.
- Georgia Envelope & Converting shall accept no responsibility for the quantity of such paper except on special agreement with the customer (buyer) and at his expense for counting.
- When such paper is received in poor condition, it shall not be without specific instructions from the customer (buyer) to proceed with the work at his risk for spoilage.
- Georgia Envelope & Converting cannot guarantee absolute conformity of location of printing or lithographing on envelopes cut from paper printed or lithographed in the flat sheet. There may be up to 1/8” variation due to the nature of converting.
NOTE: IN THE EVENT CUSTOMER (BUYER) FAILS TO MAKE PAYMENT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE ACCOUNT SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE DELINQUENT, AND A SERVICE CHARGE OF ONE AND ONE-HALF THE MAXIMUM ALLOWED BY LAW, THE CHARGE SHALL BE THE MAXIMUM ALLOWED. IN THE EVENT OF NONPAYMENT, THE CUSTOMER (BUYER) SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR COLLECTION AND/OR ATTORNEY FEES INCURRED BY GEORGIA ENVELOPE & CONVERTING, AS WELL AS THE ORIGINAL INVOICE TOTAL PLUS ALL ACCRUED SERVICE CHARGES.